Organiser for the bus to London Marathon
Every year the club puts on a bus to take both competitors and spectators down to London for the Virgin Money London Marathon. It’s happening again this year and we are looking for someone to take on the role of organising this. A number of members have taken on this role previously so don’t worry if you haven’t done it before – there will be plenty of expertise to call upon!
The role will involve:
- Securing a bus for the 23rd April
- Organising pick up/drop off times so that runners have enough time to get prepared
- Getting bums on seats
- Collecting money from people
- Liaising with the bus company
To make life easier for the organiser here is a heads up on a couple of matters regarding the bus:
- Seats are first come, first served
- Full payment secures your seat
- We aim to support all runners so the bus will not leave until the final runner from the bus is finished – a time will be decided closer to the event
- If you want to leave earlier you are welcome to sort your own transport home
- If you pay for a seat then cannot go it is your responsibility to fill the seat in the first instance
The London Marathon is such a fantastic event for runners and spectators. It’s always a great day out and you should get dropped off right in the heart of the action for a really decent price!!!!
If you are interested in taking on this vital and rewarding role please contact a committee member as soon as possible.