Can you spare an hour or two each week to help HRC?
The committee organises events and provides services to members throughout the year, and a lot of these are only possible because of the (not-so) Ordinary Committee Members. The club constitution allows for up to 8 Ordinary Committee Members and if we don’t have that number, it reduces our capacity to provide these things for the membership. The important stuff will always get done but things like social events may not be possible.
Each Ordinary Committee Member will be responsible for at least one area of club activity.
What you will do:
- You will be delegated responsibility for at least one area of club activity (see list below for examples).
- Where necessary you may form a sub-committee (can be committee or non-committee members) to help with delivery of the activity.
- Where applicable you will manage income and expenditure related to your delegated activity or activities ensuring that they stay within the agreed budget.
- Attend committee meetings and give updates on your area(s) of responsibility.
How much time will it take?
Approximately 1-2 hours per week.
Examples of club activities (not an exhaustive list)
- Website updates
- Club Run
- Race results and club records
- Race reports
- PB League
- Time Trial
- Member of the month
- Club Grand Prix
- Social Events e.g., Summer Social and Awards Night
- Talks by external speakers
- Hockey’s 5K race
- Cross Country race
- Thurlow 10
- Round Norfolk Relay
- Health and Safety
To put yourself forward for this or any other role you can email me in advance, or just come along to the AGM on Weds.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org