If so, why not consider putting yourself forward for one of the following roles:
Race Director: responsible for managing race events, including:
- Working with public partners and organisations
- Ensuring race rules are understood and adhered to
- Legal and administration issues
- Ensuring appropriate medical provision
- Making the most of IT in delivering a successful road race
- Briefing marshals/stewards
- Health and safety.
Road Traffic Marshall: responsible for planning and implementing temporary traffic management arrangements (e.g. placing signage on highways etc) for road races, in liaison with local authorities, to ensure races are carried out safely, and to minimise risks to runners, drivers and other vulnerable road users.
Initial training for both roles is provided by England Athletics (typically a 1 day course), with refresher training every 2-3 years.
Or, how about a role as a Licensed Official?
If you’re interested in any of these roles, please send an expression of interest to email@example.com.