The Grand Prix Series is intended as an added incentive to run in local races and have some fun at the same time.
To make things easier this year and to allow everyone a chance of completing the required number, more races have been added to this year’s list. There will also be regular updates throughout the season.
The GP uses the WAVA age grading system click here and has races over different distances and terrain, it is the true leveller of ability – being just the fastest does not win the GP!
Awards will be given to the top 3 males and females, the trophy will be awarded to the overall winner.
Rules and eligible races are listed below.
Grand Prix Rules
- The scoring will be done by the WAVA age grading system so that it gives a fairer chance to all.
- Points are out of 100 for each race.
- The best six races will be scored from all the GP races you race plus….
- a bonus race which you may either choose yourself, (any race run and notified to me prior to racing) -or your 7th highest scoring GP race will automatically be entered.
- Any 20 mile plus race can be recorded however these are usually low on the WAVA scale. Please let me know if you complete one and would like it added.
- No more than 7 races will count towards the final score.
- Cut off for all races this year will be 15th November 2017 no results can be taken after this date.
- To be in the HRC Grand Prix series you must be a paid-up club member and wear your club vest when racing.
- The Kevin Henry series and Suffolk Grand Prix will not score bonus points this year.
- If you have any questions email me directly – happy to help
2017 Grand Prix Race List