The Grand Prix Series is intended as an added incentive to run in local races and have some fun at the same time.
To make things easier this year and to allow everyone a chance of completing the required number, more races have been added to this year’s list. There will also be regular updates throughout the season.
The GP uses the WAVA age grading system click here and has races over different distances and terrain, it is the true leveller of ability – being just the fastest does not win the GP!
Awards will be given to the top 3 males and females, the trophy will be awarded to the overall winner.
Rules and eligible races are listed below.
Grand Prix Rules
- The scoring will be done by the WAVA age grading system so that it gives a fairer chance to all.
- Points are out of 100 for each race.
- The best 6 races from the 17 available will be scored from all the GP races you race plus….
- A Bonus race can be added which can be either your best Kevin Henry Time, Half Marathon, 20 Miler or Marathon.
- Please let me know if you complete one and would like it added. It will not be added Automaticly.
- No more than 7 races will count towards the final score.
- Cut off for all races this year will be 15th November 2017 no results can be taken after this date.
- To be in the HRC Grand Prix series you must be a paid-up club member and wear your club vest when racing.
- The Suffolk Grand Prix will not score bonus points this year.
- If you have any questions email me directly – happy to help
2018 HRC Championship Grand Prix Race List
|Cambridge Half Marathon||March 4th 2018|
|Haverhill 10k, Half, Marathon||March 11th 2018|
|Haverhill Cross Country||March 25th 2018|
|Bungay Marathon, Half Marathon||April 8th 2018|
|Waterbeach 5k, 10k||May 12th 2018|
|Sudbury Friday 5 Mile||May 25th 2018|
|Hafield Forest Hoohaah 10k||June 10th 2018|
|Bury st Edmunds Friday 5||June 22nd 2018|
|Steeple Bumpstead 10k||June 24th 2018|
|Newmarket 10k||July 1st 2018|
|Fen Gallop 10k, 4Mile||July 8th 2018|
|Keddington Kevin Henry 5k||August 2nd 2018|
|Ipswich Twilight 10k||August 3rd 2018|
|Framlingham 10k||September 2nd 2018|
|Great East Run Half Marathon||September 16th 2018|
|Wimpole Hoohaah Half, 10M||October 7th 2018|
|Thurlow 10 Mile and 5M||October 21st 2018|