Training on Tuesday 22nd Dec has been cancelled while we await updated guidance from England Athletics.
Autumn and Winter training
As we move into our Autumn/Winter training programme, we are also going to take another step towards normality in regards the training format. The most significant change is that we will no longer be offering a 7.15pm training session. This session was initially introduced as a way of increasing capacity when we could only train in groups of 6. When the rules were relaxed and each coach could have 12 people in their group, it meant that we could offer more spaces at 6.30pm. Consequently, demand for the 7.15pm session has dropped significantly, and the group is no longer viable.
From Tuesday 22nd Sept:
- All sessions will start at 6.30pm.
- All sessions will be for 1hr.
- All groups will meet at the Leisure Centre and then run to/from the training venue.
- We will aim to have a minimum of 3 groups every week (subject to coach availability).
- On weeks where the sessions are over-subscribed, we will randomly select people from each group.
Rules for athletes attending training during Covid-19
- To book onto a session, you MUST be a paid-up member. Please email us if you are unsure whether you are a paid-up member.
- Please read the England Athletics guidance on returning to training.
- Do not attend any club training sessions if you or someone you live with has any of the following: A high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Before leaving home follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- Drinks bottles MUST be clearly labelled with your name.
- When you arrive at the venue please go straight to your meeting point.
- Adhere to the latest social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Do not touch any of the equipment such as cones, these must only be handled by the organising coach.
- Please leave the venue once the session has finished.
- Any member or participant who has attended a session and subsequently tests positive for COVID must complete the UKA COVID-19 tracking form.
- If you cannot attend your allocated training session you must inform the club so that your place can be offered to someone else.
- Failure to comply with these rules may mean that you are asked to leave the session and may not be able to book onto future sessions.
- Covid Officer is Trevor Bunch
Leisure Centre meeting points for each group.
Next Training TBC
You have until midnight Sunday to put your name on the list. Group and session information will be emailed out on Monday.
****Hi-Viz MUST be worn****
All sessions start from the Leisure Centre at 6.30pm.
|Blue Group||Yellow Group 1||Yellow Group 2|
LC = Leisure Centre