Update 9th April 2021
Club run is back (again!)
It is the same format as before the most recent lockdown. Under the ‘Rule of Six’ sports clubs are exempt so we can still continue to run in groups of six (without a coach) without breaking any laws! Subject to us all maintaining social distancing etc as detailed below. Here is how new Club Run will work:
- There will be a sign up link which will take you to a Google doc live spreadsheet
- On here are groups of six sorted by pace. Add your name to a group running at your preferred pace. The runner in the ‘Number 1 runner’ slot agrees to knowing the route – you aren’t responsible for getting people round but we need someone who knows where the route goes!
- Take note of group number and then meet on Thursday by 6:55 in the same numbered area as your group (these will be the same as the tt start pens on the main square outside the leisure centre)
- Each group will then leave from 7pm, leaving an appropriate distance between each (30s or once the previous group is out of sight)
- Enjoy your run!
Things to note:
- You must sign up beforehand. Please do not turn up on the night as we have to manage the numbers carefully and we need to know who was there for Test and Trace
- Do not swap groups at the last minute – you need to swap via the spreadsheet
- You of course can push on faster if you feel good during the run but do not join another group if there are 6 people already there
- We do not have enough run leaders to cover this new plan. Between six of you in a group we hope that you can work together to maintain your pace!
- HI-VIZ HI-VZ HI-VIZ HI-VIZ HI-VIZ!!!!!!
Unfortunately the club doesn’t have enough Run Leaders to make these coach led sessions (which would have allowed groups of up to 12).
Everyone within the group of 6 needs to maintain social distancing from each other (unless they are from the same household), and the groups must remain separate from each other.
The meeting place for the club run will be the square in front of the Leisure Centre (where we used to congregate after time trials). Please go to the area corresponding to your group number in the image below. It is vitally important that we all maintain social distancing when we are waiting to start the run. Please get yourselves into your groups as soon as possible, ensuring that you also maintain social distancing within your group.
As there won’t be any Run Leaders or pacers, at least one person in the group needs to take responsibility for knowing the route and carrying a phone.
When you have completed your runs please do not congregate around the Leisure Centre. We appreciate that social interaction is a big reason that we all run, but in order for this to work we all need to stick to the rules and it wouldn’t look good if we were seen hanging around chatting in a large group.
To comply with UKA guidance we are required to capture contact details for test and trace. We already have the contact details of all members, so all we need to know is who’s in each group.
Rules for athletes attending training during Covid-19
- To book onto a session, you MUST be a paid-up member. Please email us if you are unsure whether you are a paid-up member.
- Please read the England Athletics guidance on returning to training.
- Do not attend any club training sessions if you or someone you live with has any of the following: A high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Before leaving home follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- Drinks bottles MUST be clearly labelled with your name.
- When you arrive at the venue please go straight to your meeting point.
- Adhere to the latest social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Do not touch any of the equipment such as cones, these must only be handled by the organising coach.
- Please leave the venue once the session has finished.
- Any member or participant who has attended a session and subsequently tests positive for COVID must complete the UKA COVID-19 tracking form.
- Failure to comply with these rules may mean that you are asked to leave the session and may not be able to book onto future sessions.
- Covid Officer is Trevor Bunch