Sunday 27th June 2021
Thurlow, Suffolk CB9 7LA
Held under UKA rules (Licence number 2021-41124)
Update 14th June – We are still going ahead as planned!
Beautiful 5 and 10 mile courses through scenic Suffolk countryside.
Trophies for 1st 2nd 3rd place male and female
Trophies for age categories
- A single loop multi-terrain course along quiet country roads and some farm track
- Maximum entrants 150 (wave start).
- Affiliated entry £20, unaffiliated £22.
- Minimum age on race day 17 years.
- Race starts at 10:00am.
- See the course HERE
- A single loop multi-terrain course along quiet country roads and some farm track.
- Maximum entrants 150 (wave start).
- Affiliated entry £17, unaffiliated £19.
- Minimum age on race day 15 years.
- Race starts at 10:15am.
- See the course HERE
How to enter
- Online entries and transfers are now closed.
- Race bibs with disposable chips will be posted out in the next few days.
- Please note that your details may be passed to NHS Test and Trace if there are any covid cases associated with the event. Therefore, it is even more important than ever that you do not give your number to anyone else.
- In your race pack you will also receive your race memento, which this year is a 10th Anniversary snood.
- The snood is one of our additional control measures, as it can be used as an easy to carry face covering. You won’t need to wear a face covering during the race, but there may be occasions pre- and post-race where social distancing is harder to maintain. During the race you can wear it around your neck or use it as a sweatband.
- No entries or number collection available on the day.
Race day – what you need to know
Things will understandably be a bit different this year, mainly in the pre-race and post-race race areas of the event. The following instructions are based on the current guidance from runbritain.
Before you leave home
- Please do not attend the event if you have one or more COVID19 symptoms; have received a positive COVID19 test result and are still in self-isolation period or still have symptoms after that ends; are required to self-isolate (e.g., on the advice of NHS Test and Trace or for travel reasons). Refer to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirusCovid-19/ for further information.
- You should not run if you have any medical condition that would endanger yourself or others by taking part.
- We are unable to offer changing or bag store facilities (due to covid restrictions). Please arrive “ready to run”.
- On the reverse of your number, you must write your details including emergency contact number. This is especially important if you have a medical condition which may affect your taking part in the event.
- Race numbers must not be folded, cut or mutilated in any way and must be pinned to the front of your running vest or T-shirt.
Arriving at site
- Parking is available in the field next to the village hall by kind permission of the Thurlow Estates. The owner of the field accepts no responsibility for damage or loss occurring from use of the field.
- When you arrive at site you will be directed to a parking spot in the field. Please stay in or near your vehicle until it’s time to go to your holding pen.
- You can leave the parking area to use the toilets but should return to your vehicle after.
- There will be plenty of marshals around to help you or answer any queries.
- Portaloos will be located in the Village Hall car park.
- Please observe social distancing while queueing for the toilets.
- We have doubled the number of portaloos on site, so hopefully you won’t have to queue too long.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned before and after the toilet facilities, please use them!
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned and sanitised on a regular basis.
- The start line has been moved to the field behind the village hall, as this gives us more space for social distancing and enables us to set up holding pens for a wave start.
- Waves will be allocated based on predicted finish time, with the fastest runners starting first.
- Each wave of runners will be allocated to a holding pen. Entry to holding pens will be dictated by your bib number.
- Assembly time for the Thurlow 10 is 9.45-9.55am.
- Assembly time for the Thurlow 5 is 10.00-10.10am.
|Race||Pen/wave number||Bib numbers|
- We will be operating a rolling start i.e., there will only be one ‘start’ in each race (for the runners in Wave 1). All subsequent waves will start once the preceding wave has departed.
- The chip timing mats will record a start and finish time for each individual runner (no gun time).
- Prizes will be awarded on chip time rather than the usual gun time.
- When the time comes for your wave to start the race you will be walked to the start line. Please maintain a 2m gap between you and the runner in front.
- Both courses have been modified to reduce the risk of runners coming into close contact. On the plus side, this year’s 10mile course will be less undulating than usual!
- Please maintain a 2m gap between you and any other runners, race personnel and members of the public at all times during the race. Please do not overtake unless you can maintain a 2m gap between you and the other runner(s) and without putting yourself at risk from passing traffic. There are plenty of sections of course where it is possible to safely overtake whilst still maintaining a safe social distance.
- Please run on the left-hand side of the highway at all times, leave the pavements for the pedestrians.
- To ensure the safety of yourself and others please obey the instructions of the marshals at ALL times.
- If you encounter any problems out on the course, please alert the nearest marshal.
- The wearing of earphones (including bone conducting earphones) is fully banned as a matter of runners and official’s safety. Entrants caught wearing such during the race will be disqualified by the race referee.
- Unfortunately, the course is not suitable for wheelchair users or running with buggies.
- Running with dogs is not permitted.
- There will be one water station on the 5mile race at roughly 2.5miles.
- There will be 3 water stations on the 10mile race at roughly 2.5, 5.0 and 7.5miles.
- Water will be provided in Bio recyclable paper cups.
- Our marshals will fill the cups with water, but you will need to pick it up from the table yourself.
- In order to reduce congestion at water stations we ask that where possible you carry your own water e.g., bottle belts and hydration packs.
After the race
- As per runbritain guidelines we will not be handing out goody bags or any other mementos at the finish (race mementos will be sent out in the race packs).
- Bottled water will be available to collect from a self-service water station after you finish.
- We need to keep the finish area as free of people as possible, therefore please follow the marshals’ instructions and keep moving through the post-finish area and back to the main field where there is plenty of space!
- As per runbritain guidelines there won’t be a prize presentation after the race. All awards will be sent in the post at no additional cost.
- As per runbritain guidelines we won’t be offering any refreshments.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female in the open race, plus 1st place in the Vet M40, F40, M45, F45, M50, F50, M55, F55, M60, F60, M65+ and F65+ categories.
- Full results will be available at https://www.racesonline.uk/
If the information you need is not included on this page, please email email@example.com and we will try our best to help.
Results from previous years are available below.
- Thurlow 10 2019
- Thurlow 5 2019
- Thurlow 5 2018
- Thurlow 10 2018
- Thurlow 5/10 2017
- Thurlow 5 2016
- Thurlow 10 2016
- Thurlow 5 2015
- Thurlow 10 2015
- Thurlow 5/10 2014
- Thurlow 5/10 2013
- Thurlow 5/10 2012
- Thurlow 5/10 2011
Photo’s from previous years